Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cate Starts Yet Another Meme

oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me
This depicts when I'll propagate another so-called meme, I told myself.


Then on a recent visit to Cate's weblog I noticed a simple yet profound deviation from Raj-normal: her comment timestamps showed more than hh:mm. I don't like the terse view but hadn't thought much about alternatives. Until I noticed Cate's nicely expanded format. Immediately overcome with format envy I readied myself to search the entire digital universe if necessary to learn The Trick! Unfortunately I thought to check Blogger's Settings first and found the annoyingly simple answer.

So now, just because Cate did something on her weblog, I've done something similar here. As will some of you, I suspect. Meme.

In closing I want to say I pretty much like Blogger better than Microsoft. The End.

17 Emissions:

Blogger ScroobiousScrivener emitted...

Don't think that's much of a recommendation, I have to say.

8/11/2005 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cate emitted...

Simple yet profound deviation. I like that description. I'm going to steal it for myself. Thanks, RaJ!

8/11/2005 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Scroobious - are you suggesting my esteem for Microsoft is something less than - well, um, ... high?

And Cate - steal away. Ah, my sweet little properly formatted timestamps! he sighs, and takes another baby step forward along the path to nerdvana.

8/11/2005 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Nadia emitted...

Appropos of nothing...is it just me, or has everyone been particularly inactive of late?

Wait...something's just occurred to me. Could it be that people have lives outside the blogosphere*?

*blushes in embarassing realization of self-lameness*

*Stupid yet unavoidable word.

8/12/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

You mean like "real" lives? "Inconceivable!" - Vizzini

8/12/2005 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Nadia emitted...

Madness, madness I tell you!

What next: choosing family commitments over blogging?

I shudder at the posssibilites.

8/12/2005 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

i'll have to come back later and read this more thoroughly, am just rushing by. and in your previous comment to my comment, what were you thanking me for? =) your welcome in any case.

8/13/2005 02:48:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Hmm, Saturday morning local time - note the 'stamp - and I'm responding to Nadia (& Syar's) comment. Clearly I have learned the secret of balancing real and virtual life. Either that or -- never mind. We won't talk about that.

Syar - I think it was for some kind words you directed toward me in a comment (or something) on your weblog. Unfortunately my eidetic memory suffers from overexposure so I can't say for sure :)

8/13/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger Nadia emitted...

How long have you been hoarding that link RaJ? Just waiting to unleash it upon us less familiar with them big words 'n' phrases...

Share your secrets man, I'm struggling here!

8/13/2005 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

I'd have shared sooner but I didn't remember the phrase. Oh the irony!

And are you normally awake and strolling around Blogland this late?

8/13/2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nadia emitted...

Nope, nope. Am usually crashed in bed by 11.30. Had just come back from grocery shopping last night and couldn't sleep.

Just reread that. Grocery shopping? *shakes head*

Yeah...my Saturdays sure are wild.

8/14/2005 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger Jon emitted...

Let me just say that I do not have a real life, and anyone that says I do will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for even insinuating such a slanderous idea. No, I’m simply retarded and lame. I’m currently working with several doctors from all over the world to correct this problem. Many have bowed out though because I have proven to be a particularly difficult case. Don’t worry, I’ll keep you posted! (ha ha ha ha, that’s what you call irony! See how lame I am even with my jokes? I’m sure you can understand why the doctors are so baffled.)

8/14/2005 04:58:00 AM  
Blogger J Incarnate emitted...

Flying pigs? Hmmm, I have never seen what it looks like for a physical impossibility such as that to be rendered using computer technology. Thanks jam, keep the milestones coming. :)

8/14/2005 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Nadia - at least you were *out* ... :\

Jon - Irony is good. "Baffles doctors" - not everyone can honestly put that on their resume, though I can't tell you how many time I've seen poseurs and baffling-wannabes try. Steady man, steady!

Jedith - you're welcome. Truly it was almost the least I could do.

8/14/2005 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

ah, formats. I was more intrigued by the flying pigs. the time stamp thing just flew over my head. *makes a whoosh sound* *WHOOSH!*

and...microsoft? sounds like a set of linens. although, I'm starting to further understand this whole meme business.

you'd think baffle would rhyme with waffle. sadly, I just found out this isn't the case.

8/14/2005 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

i changed my timestamp too. it may be to show my solidarity to you, and to try out this whole *exaggerated airquotes* meme thing, or it could be because I saw different, more detailed and way cooler timestamps in 3 other blogs. for things like this, I try and follow the herd.

never woulda done it without you tho, RaJ. so thanks. *hits chest with fist twice and gives you a peace sign*

8/14/2005 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Syar - that "whoosh" is like, a midi loop playing in my head. Has been for years. Exercise #17: Why does waffle not rhyme with baffle?

As for memes, I substitute the word "Borg" and my need for deeper understanding seems to fade.

Thank you for facilitating the Borgification process. You will be assimilated... but not forgotten. :-O

8/15/2005 06:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home