Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Feeding The Masses

wonder how it would taste on a donut
Inevitable?
...or redundant?
Update (because Syar asked). Ingredients, and I quote: pork, mechanically separated chicken,¹ ham, salt, sugar, water, spices, sodium nitrite.
¹ Why do I have the feeling the meaning of this unfamiliar phrase is worse than I imagine in my present blissful, though no doubt short-lived ignorance?

14 Emissions:

Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Bloody Vikings.

9/14/2005 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

what, is spam made of anyway? I don't think I've ever eaten it. its not a regular on my family's shopping lists.

9/15/2005 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger Jenni emitted...

People are lazy enough for a spread version now?

And on a donut? SPAM on a donut with a dollop of radioactive jam.

Tell the rest of us how that one works out for you.

9/15/2005 04:42:00 AM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

syar: SPAM = SPiced hAM. But you should probably interpret that loosely. I wouldn't even like to speculate what might make it in to that tin...

9/15/2005 05:56:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Lou - talk about mixed messages: SPAM in a food bank.

Syar - Anaglyph gave you the short version, post updated with "specifics" *evil smirk*

Jen - an absolutely brilliant connection. I think it's time for a site subtitle change; you'll be credited of course.

Anaglyph - after reading the label I find my darkest speculation pales in the light of verbiage-veiled reality.

9/15/2005 06:34:00 AM  
Blogger ScroobiousScrivener emitted...

Actually, I'm surprised that there aren't more mystery ingredients. Only one obviously chemical item, although I refuse to contemplate the mechanical poultry separation process. Separated from all nutritional value, I have no doubt, but how? How?

*shiver*

9/15/2005 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

because syar asked. cause I'm special. HAH. *sticks tongue out to everyone* neener-neener-neener.

no wonder its not popular in malaysia. the pork! and the ham! how could I forget the pork? how could I forget the ham? non-halal food, this spam spread is.

and thanks anaglyph, that explanation makes a lot of sense. not that I didn't appreciate Jam's update.

9/15/2005 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Hey, RJ, maybe you could temporarily change your name to Radioactive Spam?

Mechanically Separated Chicken? As opposed to... er... chemically separated chicken? Geographically separated chicken? Racially separated chicken? Or just romantically disillusioned chicken, perhaps.

9/15/2005 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

anaglyph...LOL.

"Or just romantically disillusioned chicken, perhaps."

classic.

9/15/2005 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Jenni emitted...

I am wondrously wowed that I have received credit for the Radioactive Jam blog's sub-title. What an honour.

As for the mechanically separated chicken, it's just a machine process to scrape off every tiny bit of flesh off the bones.

I'm actually now quite disturbed that I know of the term. I think I much prefer Anaglyph's outlook on it all. I never knew chickens had races.

But there's just too much mention of chicken here. It reminds me of one of those "how to look crazy" suggestions:

After lunch time, walk around with large pieces of food stuck to your face. Like half a chicken.

9/16/2005 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Cate emitted...

"Romantically disillusioned chicken"! I'm so stealing that.

9/16/2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger glo emitted...

Sorry, but mechanically separated chicken just brings to mind a gian rotating blade in a farm house.

9/16/2005 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger omar emitted...

You know, this is the second time this week I've seen "mechanically separated chicken" on an ingredients list. The other was on a jar of baby food. Yum.

9/18/2005 05:57:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Anaglyph - Radioactive Spam, eh? No, the Lawyers Of Hormel might think unkind thoughts about me. And "romantically disillusioned chicken" would make far more interesting label-reading.

Jen - that *is* somewhat disturbing. Still, no cause for alarm. Yet.

Cate - not surprised. :->

Glo - I sense "experience" lurks behind your comment. Care to elaborate?

Omar - please provide some context for "yum." On second thought... don't.

9/19/2005 07:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home