Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Spamments Welcome

what can I say I'm easily amused
Twice a year many thousands of motorcyclists make their way to Daytona Beach, FL to attend Bike Week in March, and Biketoberfest in July. Just kidding! the second one happens in October. Collectively referred to as "bikers" these colorful men and women certainly fuel the local economy, but not everyone is happy to see them. Bikers are synonymous with excessive noise, indecent exposure - e.g. enormous beer guts, hairy butt cracks...and the guys look even worse* - and tons of trash left for someone else to clean up. Because of this persistent negative image, many places hang out signs saying "Bikers Welcome" or the more flamboyant "Welcome Bikers" so visitors know where they're welcome (to spend their money).

I'm thinking bikers and comment spam, or "spamments," have a lot in common. Since I personally have nothing against bikers - with or without hairy butt cracks - I'm officially putting up the ol' Spamments Welcome sign. I'm sure this will all make sense someday.
* Just kidding! No one notices the guys.
This is a work of fiction. Real bikers aren't like this. Except for the noise, maybe.

16 Emissions:

Blogger Bill C emitted...

Happy happy joy joy!

9/07/2005 04:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

Audio synaesthesia
For solving a host of vexing problems with quiet competence, and for doing it in ways that invite others to stand on their shoulders, I salute them all.
Sweet blog name! If you could use more energy to get through your day, please have a look at my site about natural energy drinks... There's more to natural energy drinks than you may have thought!

9/07/2005 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Ha! "Sweet blog name!" Ha!
"...invite others to stand on their shoulders" - wow. Hope they don't try that line on Amber.

9/07/2005 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ambrrrr emitted...

well it seems you're not immune, iw ouldn't mind the spamments (great new word BTW) if they were even marginally on topic or sincere.

9/07/2005 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

Is a hairy butt crack...possible?

I can picture hair growing out from the crevasse underneath the flap formed by a beer gut though. Well, more mould than hair to be precise. Furry mould.

I am significantly grossed out by the image conjured by my own mind.

9/07/2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Um. Are you actually inviting spam, RJ? Well then! Come one, come all to Tetherd Cow Ahead!!!! Yes, you heard it folks, it's all going off at Tetherd Cow Ahead!!!!!! (Spammers use lots of exclamation marks I notice and LOTS of CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!) There are LOTS of !!!!!!s and CAPITAL LETTERS and sometimes even JOKES at Tetherd Cow Ahead!!!!

(is that OK? I'm fairly new at this...)

9/08/2005 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Oh I forgot to say, your blog is AWESOME! You can visit MINE at Tetherd Cow Ahead!!!!!!

9/08/2005 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Shit. I forgot to use smileys. :-)

;-)

9/08/2005 05:54:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Amber - getting spamments for this post was like a dream come true. Okay, not quite that, but it was fortuitous.

Jen - possible? I hope not. I've been fighting those mental images, too. Still, "sharing" seemed the right thing to do. And thanks for suggesting furry mould; nice touch!

Lou - have you ever considered spamming? You have a gift. :-D

Anaglyph - thanks, feel free to drop in anytime to work on perfecting your "message." You're handicapped by an ability to spell and form complete, grammatically correct sentences, but you'll persevere I am sure.

9/08/2005 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger J Incarnate emitted...

I would be happy to engage in this conversation, yet I have never experienced the joy of comment spam. My blog has some growing to do.

9/08/2005 04:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. Here's the resolve a lot of people are searching for; how to buy & sell everything, like discount computer on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

9/08/2005 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger A emitted...

I knew you were going to talk about spam the second I read 'motorcyclists' in the first line! How cool am I? :p Death to Spamments would be the sign on my blog though.

9/08/2005 11:46:00 PM  
Blogger ScroobiousScrivener emitted...

Amazing. Jam* spoke, and the spammers listened. Truly amazing. Jam, can you try saying "spam off" on my site, and see if they listen to that too?

_____
* I'm aware that I seem to be using the wrong abbreviation. RaJ is more popular. But see, when I type "Jam", it starts off a little Moby in my head, and then I can enjoy a bit of funk until the fadeout. You don't mind. (That's an instruction.)

9/09/2005 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

A - cool indeed; nice catch. But I'm curious how/why you connected the two. Can you explain?

Scroobious - I'm working on some alternative spamment management techniques, vs. the Draconian "solutions" offered by Blogger. We'll see how things go. As for abbreviations - instruction cheerfully accepted. Happy to provide Moby triggers, anytime.

9/09/2005 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown emitted...

I don't like spam much, I do like eggs (over easy, scrambled and non-green) and bacon coated with cholesterol. I recently bought a bike, a Yamaha V-twin 1100cc Classic, and shortly after ordered new pipes, the stock ones are way to quiet. Haven't noticed any additional hair growth but I'll keep you posted.

9/10/2005 05:03:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Don, congrats on the acquisition. As for hair growth, keep an eye on the missus; that's where it shows up.

9/10/2005 08:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home