Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Leave Mine Stupid, Thanks

Computerized grocery carts? Something smells fishy, and it's not the halibut.

From IBM comes the "shopping buddy," a touch screen thingie for shopping carts. I liked OS/2, but this gives me bad vibes, not so unusual with the shopping carts around this area.

According to an AP article, IBM exec Ken Lawler says, "It helps save you time, and it helps save you money. It's all about making it easy for you." These babies have something like a mini gps for in-store navigation and locating stuff down aisle Whatever.

Well, then? Sign me up!

Wait a minute...I liked OS/2, but some people think IBM totally botched its development, marketing and release. Here's another description of the smart cart concept from the same AP article: "The whole model is driven by advertisers' need to get in front of consumers."

I'm thinking, get thee behind me.

0 Emissions:

Post a Comment

<< Home