Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

RoboRoach

and I quote, "a cockroach-controlled mobile robot system"
Slashdot makes us aware of a unique (hope! hope!) project involving giant hissing cockroaches and robotic hardware. Fascinating, yet revolting; I like it!

Still, I wonder if the researcher has thought this through. These cockroaches might seem relatively stupid, with brain / reasoning / thinking capacity somewhere between humans and overachiever rocks - and there's a lot of overlap across these three, if you know what I mean and I think you do - but do we really want to give them this level of enabling technology?

Doesn't this guy read books or watch movies? I'm kidding of course; truth is I'm amazed and impressed by the concept, design and implementation. Though I gotta say my favorite part is the closing line from the Slashdot article:

Debugging the project is inherently impossible.

3 Emissions:

Blogger Bill C emitted...

A kind of addendum-aside, for Demosthenes in particular:
http://www.philoticweb.net/movie/

Probably you already knew this; it was (good) news to me.

5/22/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

Jimminy jilickers, radioactive jam!

I happened upon your page by chance last week. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your clever, well-crafted entries on fairly diverse topics.

Thanks for providing a mature, but spirited, blog page. Your modesty and intelligence come through.

A Pal from Canada.

5/23/2005 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Dear anonymous,

Thanks, it's going to be a fun ride I'm sure.

Regards,
rj

P.S. Say hello to Canada for me. At least Quetico, anyway. It'd be the only part that might remember me.

5/23/2005 06:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home