Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Trouble In Paradise?

three if by email
The internet - whatever that is - has always seemed like a fluid, fast-paced thing. Place. Whatever. Sites come and go; previously working links "die." Aside: were dead links once alive? Never mind.

Years ago I learned of a micronation located within Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In 1979 some kid decided to secede from the US, and started his own country. I poked around the site for a while, amused by this person's creativity. Imaginative, detailed and cool, I thought; I bookmarked it and moved on. Have I mentioned I'm a geek at heart?

Some time after I first visited Talossa, the kingdom expanded; people could and did join as citizens. All kinds of elaborate Stuff came into existence. I still felt disinclined to apply, but kept the 'mark.

So this morning I checked to see if the kingdom still existed. The short answer is yes, though a rift seems to have developed. Would that be a revolutionary or civil war? Guess I need to create another bookmark, then try and sort out what happened there.

Maybe Demosthenes could help them resolve their differences.

0 Emissions:

Post a Comment

<< Home