Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

We hates the drivesies don't we Precioussss.

poor poor Smeagol
Aside from the fact that extended time behind the wheel (i.e. hour of "darkness") causes me to experience (1) negative personality changes and (2) disturbing solo conversations, this post has nothing to do with Gollum. You are of course disappointed, and understandably so.

Before you decide things can't possibly get worse, take a virtual stroll through the Gallery Of Transportation. Then decide!

The first exhibit is titled The One I Want. If you want one too, click here for more info.

The next exhibit is called Snakebit, subtitled The Edge Of Madness. See the whole Madness story here.

Third exhibit: What I Need. For some of this one's backstory go here.

The final exhibit: Reality, aka that that is, is.

Of course you're free to look around - here or elsewhere - for answers to those questions you never thought to ask.

How about you? What's the latest / greatest / plainest / wildest exhibit in your gallery of transportation? Or anything else that comes to mind and exits through fingertips (Jon, you can of course use your nose if you prefer).

9 Emissions:

Blogger Syar emitted...

i thought i could share my thoughts on traffic due to the first paragraph (cause a whole portion of a friggin overpass collapsed on one of the highways here in malaysia) but i was proven wrong. sadly. in my gallery of transportation, i only need two things. need as in desperately, urgingly, tear-your-toenails-out-and-use-them-as-currency type need : a driver's license and my dad's beat up old satria (sa-tree-ya) so i can abuse aforementioned license. i have yet to get either, but will keep you posted on the gallery opening.

7/12/2005 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

D'Oh! I didn't mean for this to seem content-restrictive but you're right, it needs fixing. Off I go.

And your plan sounds good, except maybe the toenails-out part. But that's just my oh-so-conventional thinking :-O

7/12/2005 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cate emitted...

Really, what you need, I think, is a kick-ass stereo and some lessons in the art of wiling away the commute with car concerts, featuring the singing and dancing wonder - RaJ Himself!

7/13/2005 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger glo emitted...

jam drives a jacked-up truck. That was unexpected.

My worst car was the S-Mobile. Someday, when I have more motivation, I will write about it, but it's nickname stood for a word we weren't allowed to say at home. it was a beat-up brown Plymouth that had been my grandpa's car. It never went above 50 mph and the doors actually fell off one day as we were driving. Wanna know what Prince Charming (baby in fam) drove in high school? A brand new Toyota Camry. The boy's got no character because of it.

7/13/2005 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Cate - as much as I love to sing and dance (future post: some of my exploits from customer-attended Design Reviews) I fear reprisals from other drivers and/or law enforcement agencies.

Demosthenes - you seemed to have everything under control :->
As for Gollum's whip...go for it.

G.Lo - now I'm curious. What might you have expected? Also, Mighty Gray's days are numbered if gas prices keep climbing.

And I'm wondering if grandpa bought his Plymouth from my family. Were the doors properly attached when he got it?

7/14/2005 06:44:00 AM  
Blogger ScroobiousScrivener emitted...

I learnt to drive in Beloved's beloved Nissan 1400 bakkie (like the one pictured but white, and with a canopy on the back). It was about 12 years old and at first, leaked like a sieve - I distinctly remember bailing inches of water out from around my feet after one particularly wet highveld storm. Beloved did some clever things though, sealed it up, put in some sound. The gears were a bit wonky but it had the tightest turning circle of anything I've driven.

Of course I killed it shortly after Beloved went to study in London. Amazingly, he still loves me.

7/15/2005 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Frangipan emitted...

I actually thought this post was going to be about solo conversations, i have quite alot of those. I'm sure it's not madness though, just the waste of an overactive imagination. I end up saying the strangest things to myself....I have always wanted a maroon MG, ever since i saw one at the rover garage when i was little. I am actually quite disappointed that rover has gone out of business...:(

7/16/2005 04:24:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Liberta - I know what you mean about the solo conversations. Definitely not madness, and I think pretty much *any* means for exercising imagination is healthy and good.

An MG - excellent choice. You might find a well-kept used one, yes? Nat the same as getting one new, but still satisfying.

7/16/2005 06:40:00 AM  
Blogger Frangipan emitted...

Yea, any MG would be a good thing for me, i wouldn't mind a used one, but preferably it would maroon...

7/16/2005 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home