Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Genius At Work

someday I'll look back on this and laugh. Not.
This quote from Tech Wench's site sums up what's happened at Blog Nouveau: If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.
Ten characters, that's all it takes. Ten ordinary alphanumeric symbols, entered in just the wrong place by someone with administrative access (that would be "me") and a perfectly good WordPress weblog turns into a server-trashing juggernaut.

In case you were, you know, wondering.

Sigh.

Famous last words: "Seemed like the right thing to do at the time." Anyway, I hope to have things going again sometime today.

Update: Kinda-sorta back to life at http://radioactivejam.com/. Should get All The Way Back later today.

6 Emissions:

Blogger glo emitted...

Terrifically sorry, RaJ....I'll bet it was the meme what did it in.

10/18/2005 07:30:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Just one of those things; if I'd known yesterday what I learned how to do this morning - literally - the whole thing would have been a non-problem. How I would love to assign blame to someone / thing other than myself. Can I save it for next time?

10/18/2005 09:49:00 PM  
Blogger anaglyph emitted...

Jam, it's obviously either the space/time vortex you opened, or the monkeys. You are tinkering with pretty serious stuff here.

I like this site better anyway 'cause I can post here...

10/19/2005 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger Syar emitted...

Jam, why must you make it so hard for me to read the great stuff you churn out? why?!!

the site won't open. I'll try again later, but if it still doesn't work...well, I'll keep whining. you have been warned.

10/26/2005 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Syar, wasn't working for me either. Tech support said the server was getting hit with a DDOS attack. As of this morning everything is back to normal. Sorry!

10/27/2005 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown emitted...

New place? Hmmm... Just wanted to say hi. Haven't been around yah know.

3/16/2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home