Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Friday, May 27, 2005

60 Minutes

I feel your pain
Fifty miles in sixty minutes: welcome to my daily commute. Here's some items that make me think spending this much time getting to work is having a negative impact on my mental state.
  • Noticing a reduction in the red light duration at my off-ramp (90 seconds down to 30), and feeling Happy because of it.
  • Having this happiness squelched when I contemplate the fact that these things even register in my brain.
  • Reading a companion message mounted under a Speed Limit 45 sign: "Enforced by radar" and finding myself giving serious thought to a literal interpretation (e.g. violators and/or their vehicles getting toasted by a hidden roadside microwave source).
"Could be worse. Could be raining." -- Young Frankenstein

2 Emissions:

Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

hopefully you have a really good job to drive 50 miles one way to work.

5/29/2005 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Seems crazy when I think about it, even though I like the job and the "team." So I've been working on my Denial skills, with some success.

That, and replacing the fun 4x4 with a gas-miser car. Cool is out, higher mpg is in. Life goes on.

5/29/2005 06:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home