Original Radioactive Jam

Just a dollop, on a donut with SPAM® Spread* ==>==>==> We've moved!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Dear Gary Brolsma / An Open Letter

at least this guy's not dead
You're my new hero. Seriously. No sarcasm, no joke: I like your style, and I was sorry to learn you'd been made uncomfortable by your "numa numa" notoriety.

When I first saw your clip I thought, wow. He's got guts. Then I realized it's not about courage; the clip simply shows your creativity, personality and style.

You seem to enjoy the creative process and its results. I don't blame you, but I can't emulate you. Like many people, I'm way too inhibited. That's why I say you're my hero, because you can do things beyond the abilities of mere mortals like me. Not literally, but that's what I "feel."

I hope you choose to keep using your powers, your creative skills. We need heroes to make us smile, to illuminate us, to rescue us from our sometimes mundane, predictable lives. Maybe one day we'll find a creative, numa numa-like spark within ourselves; maybe then we'll do something to make *you* smile.

In the meantime thanks, and keep up the good work.

Regards,
rj

2 Emissions:

Anonymous Anonymous emitted...

A toast to the Star Wars Kid as well.....

5/30/2005 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Bill C emitted...

Yeah. I've only done a little net work to sort truth from fiction, but the Star Wars Kid back-story I saw was brutal: clip left unerased on a school camera, noticed by a classmate, uploaded to Kazaa as a prank.

Next came embarrassment, lawsuits, time in a child psych ward...not good.

Here's hoping he too is seeing better days.

5/30/2005 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home